The Drop Daily—5 Things for 4/27/20
Welcome back! Thanks for tuning in!
- Marcus King on Eric Krasno Plus One. This week’s guest on the podcast is Marcus King. In one of the last in-person interviews Eric was able to do before the COVID-19 lockdown, he sat down Marcus, who talked about music memories, performing with his dad at age 13 and the deep musicianship that runs through his family. They talk about life on the road and what life off the road, however temporary, might produce; and, Marcus tells the story about the time he had to perform in front of Eric Clapton. The episode ends with Marcus’s song “Beautiful Stranger” off the El Dorado album, which was produced by Dan Auerbach.
- 6pm ET—Keller Williams Live. Check out Keller, live from his cellar, for some tunes and conversation. And if you want more Keller Williams, check out the recent Brokedown Podcast interview with him from last month.
- 8:30pm ET—HF Pod Live. Once again me and the guys will be chatting about Dinner and a Movie, this time it’s the 10/28/16 show from Vegas. We’ll talk about this show and have a special guest, Megan, who’s going to share her Europe ’96 memories with us.
- ICYMI—Post Malone’s Nirvana Tribute. A lot of people have been talking about Post Malone’s tribute set to Nirvana, The United Nations Foundation’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, benefiting the WHO. They played a bunch of Nirvana tunes. Pretty cool.
- JamBase Jazz Fest Playlist + Jazz Festing in Place. As you all know, WWOZ has been doing Jazz Festing in Place this past weekend and will do it again, and JamBase has put together a Jazz Fest playlist as well. Hope everyone’s enjoying this, and we’re excited about the reception we’ve had for the Festival Circuit announcement thus far.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.