The Drop Daily—5 Things for 4/21/20
What's up everyone! It's The Drop for Tuesday. Thank you for tuning in.
- Please support Podapalooza. Podapalooza is a two-day virtual podcast festival for the benefit of COVID-19 relief. Pay what you can. And hear a special interview from The Drop with Chris Pandolfi of The Infamous Stringdusters and Bob Crawford of The Avett Brothers.
- 5pm ET—JRAD’s “Rad Night in America from 5/4/18. Check out the replay of the show from 5/4/2018 at Mardi Gras World in New Orleans, LA.
- 8:30pm ET—Phish’s “Dinner & A Movie” from 7/9/19. This week we’re going to the Mohegan Sun show from 7/9/19. Donations for will benefit Sweet Relief—for over 25 years, the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund has helped “career musicians and music industry workers struggling to make ends meet while facing illness, disability, or age-related problems.”
- Let the People Pick the President on Across the Margin. Michael Shields talks about the role the Electoral College plays in elections through an interview with Supreme Court journalist and New York Times editorial board member Jesse Wegman. Wegman recently penned the insightful and important book Let The People Pick The President, a thoroughly researched and engaging call to arms that makes a powerful case for abolishing the antiquated and antidemocratic Electoral College.
- Subscribe to Eric Krasno Plus One! You can listen to the first two episodes now, featuring Dave Matthews and Laura Lee of Khruangbin. New interviews coming to you every Monday!
See you all tomorrow.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.