The Drop Daily—5 Things for 4/16/20
Thanks for tuning in! 5 things you need to know for this Thursday.
- 5pm ET—Art with Zart. Okay, so, if you have kids, I know you’re feeling what I’m feeling right now, which is that you need some entertainment for them, particularly toward the end of the day. That’s why I want to tell you again about Art with Zart, with our talented friend Sarah Zeffiro. Every day from 5-6pm ET she does a kid-focused art lesson on Instagram Live.
- 8pm ET—Tedeschi Trucks SweetWater 420 Fest 2018 Replay. Swamp Family TV is a Thursday night concert series where the group airs a different full pro-shot concert, free to all viewers and includes a link to donate to a worthy charity.
- HF Pod Goes to Europe Summer ’96. This week we look back at a tour that’s somewhat overlooked, but still deserves some attention, and we do a deep dive on one show, 7/23/96.
- The Early Days of Umphrey’s McGee. This week’s episode of Inside Out wTnS features a chat with co-host Rob Turner and Ryan Stasik about the early days of Umphrey’s McGee. They discuss pre-Umphrey’s bands, how material evolved, line-up changes, specific shows and many other elements of those early days.
- 36 From the Vault Goes to London. In Episode 8 Rob and Steve explore Dick’s Picks Vol. 7, from the Alexandra Palace in London, from September 1974. We’re going deep into the Wall of Sound Era, this is a bit of a lost tour just before their extended hiatus. This is a Phil-heavy episode and show, and lots of beautiful music. And also great conversation about this era of the Dead.
See you all tomorrow!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.