Off The Wall: Tactics Weekly - Elated, Deflated, Defiant
Paul Dalglish and Daniel Rhodes discuss the Reds’ final league game of the season, the two-nil victory over Wolves. Enough for 97 points, but not the Premier League title. Topics include:
- Liverpool’s fast start, goal on 17 minutes; then Brighton score. Describe those 83 seconds...
- Trent’s record-breaking season of assists.
- The match becomes a bit surreal as it seems everyone is interested in the Man City match, and Wolves become more of a threat.
- It was the away team’s 3-5-2 formation and flooding forward on the counterattack that tested us.
- All seven of Wolves' shots between the 36th and 73rd minutes.
- Mane scores just before the end to draw level with Salah and Auba for the Golden Boot.
- Were you deflated or elated at the end of the game?
- It has been 750 days since Liverpool last tasted defeat at Anfield in a league game; the next best is Chelsea and Man City on 142 days. It’s been two days since Man Utd lost at Old Trafford, to Cardiff.
- Subscriber questions.
All this and more on Tactics Weekly!
You can get your 7 Day FREE TRIAL of AI:PRO at https://anfieldindex.com/join and be sure to join our thriving LFC community for more chat and debate at http://anfieldindex.com/discord
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.