Unlocking the Talent Code With Dan Coyle
Dan Coyle, author of The Talent Code joins us to talk about the common threads of people who perform at the highest levels.
- Assignments that sparked Dan’s interest talent
- Ways to develop a tendency to challenge the status quo
- The power of immersing yourself in multiple domains
- Lessons in developing talent from a skateboard park
- Paying attention to the moments when lightning strikes
- Why struggle makes us smarter
- Developing a process for achieving mastery
You need to have the right conditions for lightning to form
You don’t get better by listening. You get better by doing
Struggle makes you smarter.
When you look across high performers, they all have a huge variety of things they did.
When you do deep practice, you grow thicker layers of myelin
Books and Resources
The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
The Right Stuff by Tom Wolfe
Guitar Zero by Gary Marcus
Daniel Coyle is the New York Times bestselling author of The Little Book of Talent, The Talent Code, Lance Armstrong’s War, and Hardball: A Season in Projects.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.