The Science of Smarter and More Meaningful Spending with Elizabeth Dunn
Co-author of Happy Money, Elizabeth joins us to talk about the research she’s done on spending and the ways in which spending (or not) can give us better experiences and increase happiness. She helps us to apply this to our daily lives.
In this episode, hear:
- The effects of environment on our happiness
- The role of technology in happiness
- The science in happy spending
- Buying experiences over things
- Renters vs buyers
- Paying now and enjoying later
- Elizabeth’s website
- Dan Ariely episode: Overcoming Learned Helplessness and Understanding Irrational Behavior
- Happy Money book
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.