Mindfulness as the Path to Change with Toku
From a touring rock band roadie to life in a monastery, Gentoku dives into acceptance, connecting to our deeper selves, and using every day activities as a “container for our practice”
In this episode:
- How checkboxes and filling other’s obligations takes us away from learning
- Creating awareness and space in every day life
- Waking up to find external accolades and possessions are no longer satisfying
- How do we take an experience that causes us pain and hold it lightly?
- The goal of meditation
- How to create space for silence and contemplation amidst our busy lives
“People who are ideal aren’t as interesting as people who are imperfect.” – Gentoku
“That reality you have to change your life because that’s what your heart is calling you to do is really scary to some people.” – Gentoku
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.