Julie Piatt: Know Thyself
As a reminder that we are spiritual beings having a human experience, it’s time to reconnect with matters ethereal and divine.
Enter Julie Piatt, prophetess of all things metaphysical, returning for another swim in the holy tides of matters otherworldly.
Longtime listeners are well acquainted with the one who goes by SriMati—my in-house spiritual guru and better half. A human who is very good at many things, Julie is an accomplished yogi, healer, musician, chef, and mom to our four children. She’s also the bestselling author of three vegan cookbooks. She hosts the For The Life of Me podcast. She lords over Water Tiger, her online spiritual community. And she’s the CEO and ‘Mother Arc’ of SriMu, the best plant-based cheese in the known universe.
Over the years, Julie has been a recurring source of spiritual wisdom on the podcast, dropping many a pearl on everything from parenting and creativity, to navigating conflict, managing relationships, dealing with financial hardship, and many other subjects.
Today’s microphone communion with Julie is many things.
It’s a dissection of our relationship within a global pandemic—and the powerful lessons we’ve learned throughout the year.
And it holds exciting updates from SriMu and forthcoming offerings from Julie.
But most of all, this is a conversation about the importance of knowing thyself. The transformative power of owning and standing in your truth. The courage it takes to face what you’re hiding (or hiding from). Finding peace through meditation and ritual. And forming a sacred relationship with yourself — while holding vision and space for the best in others.
Let’s take this wavelength higher, shall we?
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Athletic Greens: 75 whole food sourced ingredients designed to optimize 5 key areas of health, Athletic Greens is the delicious daily habit that sets you up for a healthy future. I take the packets everywhere I go. Invest in your health without compromise! Go to: athleticgreens.com/richroll to get a FREE year supply of Vitamin D AND 5 free travel packs with your first purchase.
Indeed delivers 4x more hires than all other job sites combined, so you can meet and hire great people faster. There are no long-term contracts and Indeed gives you full control so you only pay for what you need. Listeners can get a FREE SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLAR CREDIT to upgrade your job post at indeed.com/RICHROLL Offer is valid through March 31st. Terms and conditions apply.
Daily Harvest: Daily Harvest makes it easy to eat more fruits and vegetables with thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted foods that are ready in five minutes or less. Go to dailyharvest.com and enter promo code RICHROLL to get $25 off your first box.
quip: Gum that’s good for you, fun to chew, and easy to share. Quip’s sugar-free cavity-fighting gum supports good oral health with a long-lasting minty flavor. Pair it with a quip Electric Toothbrush, Refillable Floss, and more great products. Get a FREE quip gum dispenser with any refill plan at getquip.com/RICHROLL.
For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url's and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".
- Connect with Julie: SriMati.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Plantpower Meal Planner: meals.richroll.com
- SriMu Artisanal ‘Not Cheese’: SriMu.com
- Julie’s Book: This Cheese Is Nuts
- Julie’s Podcast: For The Life of Me
- Julie’s Music: SriMati
- Julie’s Jai Yoga Foundational Series
- Rich and Julie’s Cookbooks: The Plantpower Way & The Plantpower Way: Italia
- New York Times: Vegans Go Glam
- MindBodyGreen: Julie Piatt On How She Stayed Sane Through A Bankruptcy Scare
- Nine: How to convert to a plant-based diet (without crawling back to meat)
- Book: Architecture Is A Social Act
- Book: Radiant Rest
- No Time To Waste Podcast: The King Of Transformation Rich Roll
- GoFundMe: Hopi facing spiritual extinction due to Covid and in need of water – Please help!
- AZ Central: ‘We need water to survive’: Hopi Tribe pushes for solutions in long struggle for water
*Since the recording of this episode, Oatly has received considerable backlash given the integrity of their investor, Blackstone.
- RRP #506 Taking care in The Time of Coronavirus
- RRP #485 Julie Piatt on Seeing the Divinity in Everything
- RRP #465: Keep Evolving: Julie Piatt Returns
- RRP #387: The Power Of Ceremony And Ritual With Julie Piatt
- RRP #361: AMORE! Rich & Julie On Relationships — Plus Italian Cuisine 2.0
- RRP #295: Ditching Dairy: The Doyenne Of Vegan Cuisine On Food As A Portal For Transformation
- RRP #254: How To Build An Authentic Brand with Julie Piatt
- RRP #200: Let’s Talk About Death with Julie Piatt
- RRP #333: How To Build A Conscious Relationship with Julie Piatt
- RRP #343: Creative Partnerships with Julie Piatt
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url's and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Leia Marasovich and Ali Rogers; Interstitial music by SriMati Music and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.