Mapping the future: how strategic foresight can supercharge policymaking
What major trends will shape the next two decades?
How can futures analysis be used to manage risk and harness opportunities?
And how can governments better integrate futures thinking into public administration?
In this episode of the National Security Podcast, Dr Joseph Voros, Odette Meli and Dr Ryan Young join Dayle Stanley to discuss the intricacies and applications of future analysis.
Dr Joseph Voros is a physicist and futurist with over 25 years of experience in futures analysis.
Odette Meli has more than 25 years of professional experience at the Australian Federal Police, where she established and led the Strategic Insights Centre.
Dr Ryan Young is the Director, Research & Methods at the NSC Futures Hub.
Dayle Stanley is the Director, Strategy and Engagement at the NSC Futures Hub.
- ANU National Security College academic programs: find out more
- FuturePod: find out more
- Future Shock by Alvin Toffler: find out more
- What We Owe the Future by William Macaskill: find out more
- ANZPAA Futures and Strategic Foresight Toolkit: find out more
- Futures Hub at the ANU National Security College: find out more
- Joseph Voros' Voroscope blog: find out more
- UK: Government Office on Foresight: find out more
- Canada: Policy Horizons: find out more
- Singapore: Centre for Strategic Futures: find out more
- US: National Intelligence Council Publications: find out more
- New Zealand: Futures thinking: find out more
To connect with the Futures Hub about their work or possible employment opportunities, email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.