#62 Fasting and Medicine with Professor Valter Longo
My guest today is a world renowned scientist and researcher Professor Valter Longo.
Most well recognised for his work in the longevity field and fasting., Valter has thirty years of experience in the field of longevity and healthy eating. He is the Director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California – Leonard Davis School of Gerontology, Los Angeles, and the Director of the Longevity and Cancer Program at the IFOM Institute of Molecular Oncology in Milan, Italy. He is the author of the best seller “The Longevity Diet” and is also the scientific director of the Create Cures Foundation and the Valter Longo Foundation.
On today’s pod we talk about
- What fasting means and the different types of fasting
- The longevity diet and the fasting mimicking diet (FMD), and what are their aims?
- Does the scientific data suggest benefit?
- Which are the main features of the longevity diet?
- How many meals should be eaten each day?
- Why fasting works on longevity?
- How does the fasting mimicking diet work?
- The utility of FMD in the treatment of cancer, autoimmune conditions and metabolic disorders
Do check out Professor Longo's book - The Longevity Diet - it really is a very interesting read and full of such great information.
Social Media Links
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.