A Simple Innovation That Will Save You Money And Help Save The Planet with Miki Agrawal
Since the 1800s, we have been led to believe that toilet paper does the job but, in reality, all it does is cost us money every month, kill millions of trees per year, and contribute to chronic infections. So what is the alternative? And how do we overcome social stigmas and challenge cultural norms to adopt a better practice?
My guest on this week’s episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, Miki Agrawal, is here to answer these questions and discuss her insights into creating disruptive innovations for a healthier planet! Miki shares her personal story of battling a severe hyperthyroid condition, which made her poop up to eight times per day. Using a bidet changed everything for her, and inspired her to create TUSHY, a modern affordable, and easy to install bidet attachment.
Miki Agrawal is the founder of several acclaimed social enterprises: WILD, THINX, and TUSHY. She is also the author of the #1 best-selling books DO COOL SH*T and DISRUPT-HER. Miki was named "Fast Company's Most Creative People," “Young Global Leader” by the World Economic Forum, and INC's “Most Impressive Women Entrepreneurs.” She passionately speaks about her 16 years of entrepreneurial adventures, from inventing products in taboo categories, to creatively launching them, to marketing and scaling them exponentially, to dealing with shocking setbacks—and she shares her colorful, authentic revelations along the way.
This episode is brought to you by Joovv, Thrive Market, and Farmacy.
Ever since I’ve been using Joovv’s at-home red-light therapy devices, I’ve noticed I get deeper, more restful sleep and I feel more energized and focused during the day. Go to Joovv.com/farmacy and use the code FARMACY for an exclusive discount on Joovv’s newest devices.
Right now, Thrive is offering all Doctor's Farmacy listeners an amazing deal. Select a free gift from Thrive Market when you sign up for a 1 year membership. And, any time you spend more than $49 you’ll get free carbon-neutral shipping. Just head over to thrivemarket.com/Hyman.
Everyone gets off track here and there, which is why the 10-Day Reset was designed to help you get back on track. It’s a protocol that combines eating the right food with key lifestyle habits and targeted supplementation. If you want to learn more and reclaim your health, visit GetFarmacy.com.
Here are more of the details from our interview (video / audio):
- How Miki’s upbringing shaped her solutions-based, entrepreneurial thinking (6:48)
- Miki’s learnings from her early career as a restaurateur and co-founder of THINX period underwear (9:54)
- Being a female entrepreneur in a “man’s world” (16:21)
- What led Miki to create the TUSHY bidet (22:00)
- Worldwide water scarcity and how bidet use saves more water than using toilet paper (27:16)
- The historical reasons why Americans have not adopted bidet use (32:02)
- Breaking through common myths and misconceptions about bidets (36:18)
- Addressing the worldwide sanitation crisis (42:46)
- Creating conscious businesses to improve the world (50:27)
- Miki’s current efforts to develop a diaper that is good for the planet (52:43)
Learn more about TUSHY at hellotushy.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.