How To Align Your Attention With Your Intention with Pedram Shojai
In our unpredictable and continually changing world, figuring out how to create a happy life means tending to the needs of our health, career, relationships, passions, and desires. Unfortunately, time can often feel like our biggest enemy, often seeming to be out of our own control. But what if it isn't? What if you had the ability to take control of how you trade your energy for time, and knew how to increase your body's "energy budget" to live your fullest life?
On this episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, I was happy to sit down and talk with Dr. Pedram Shojai about how to find focus and make meaningful change to create the life we desire.
Dr. Pedram Shojai is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Master Herbalist and Acupuncturist. He is the New York Times bestselling author of The Urban Monk, and The Art of Stopping Time, and the founder of whole.tv and Well.org. He is an acclaimed Qigong Master and Taoist Abbot with a practical approach to modern living, using Eastern thinking and practices to help himself and others overcome the Westernized challenges of everyday life, and to wake up and live their lives fully. His latest book, Focus: Bringing Time, Energy, and Money into Flow, was just released and is about bringing your attention in line with your intention to get the life you want.
This episode is brought to you by ButcherBox, Four Sigmatic, and Starseed.
Right now, ButcherBox is offering new members a free turkey with their first box. To take advantage of this special offer from ButcherBox, just go to ButcherBox.com/farmacy.
Four Sigmatic is now providing an exclusive offer for Doctor’s Farmacy listeners. Receive up to 40% off on their best selling Lion’s Mane Coffee bundles. To get this deal, just go to foursigmatic.com/hyman.
Save 20% on your Starseed order at Amazon.com/Starseed by using the code 20MARKHYMAN at checkout. Be sure to try their seeds, Omega oil, and butters.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- Pedram’s experience as a monk why he eventually chose to leave monastic life (5:27)
- The benefits of learning to still your mind by controlling your breath (9:04)
- Our societal crisis of consciousness (12:04)
- Tending to our life garden (14:26)
- Managing your time to reflect what's most important to you (18:23)
- Instilling focus in our daily lives through brain training, consistent practice, and personal integrity (23:45)
- Reflecting on the life lessons we’re being taught during the coronavirus pandemic (30:12)
- Saying no to others as a way to say yes to yourself (34:48)
- The three fundamentals of an effective meditation practice (39:31)
- Pedram’s “100 Day Gong” practice to achieve your goals (44:17)
Get Pedram’s new book, Focus: Bringing Time, Energy, and Money Into Flow, here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.