Episode 16 - Does Business English really exist? - An interview with Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat
What is Business English?
Does it even exist?
In this fascinating chat with Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat, you can find out ...
- why "removing the language" can make you better at communicating in a business setting,
- how a quick pause can make you a stronger communicator,
- how to deal with small talk (especially if you're an introvert),
- why learning a language is like cutting grass,
- how reflecting on your "first language personality" can take the pressure off speaking in English,
- how to forget Business English and think in terms of Business Communication,
- 3 tips for newbie teachers,
- 4 questions to ask yourself if you're learning English,
- how to stop worrying about "not having enough English",
- how to listen to understand, not listen to reply.