Episode 14 - Teaching English Through Storytelling - An Interview With Ariel Goodbody
In this interview, we talk about:
- how Ariel started Easy Stories in English;
- Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling (TPRS)
- how to teach phrases rather than grammar;
- how TPRS has a lot in common with Dogme and lexical learning;
- how the word for “school” was the same word as “game,” and how this should inform our teaching;
- why storytelling is beneficial to learning;
- how to use stories to help business English students;
- two tips for English teachers.
If you’re interested in new and interesting ways of developing your teaching, then this is definitely the interview for you!