Power Struggle: Is Britain Heading For a Winter of Discontent?
As gas prices soar and energy providers go out of business, is Britain heading for another winter of discontent? Plus, how is the Republic of Ireland finding Brexit? Is there any sympathy for the UK in Brussels? Tony Connelly, Europe editor for Irish state broadcaster RTE, joins us to discuss. And are the French right to be angry about the new AUKUS alliance?
- “On gas providers the Government sounds like Lord Farquaad, ‘some of you may die”' - Marie Le Conte
- “Europe is worryingly dependent on Russian Gas, and that is all part of a big geopolitical game” - Tony Connelly
- “It doesn’t matter how political you are, if the pound in your pocket gets you less, people will be angry” - Marie Le Conte
- “The entire UK political system did not understand the gravity of leaving the single market” - Tony Connelly
- “There is little sympathy in Brussels and Dublin for this idea that the UK was bullied” - Tony Connelly
Presented by Alex Andreou with Marie Le Conte and Arthur Snell. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jelena Sofronijevic and Jacob Archbold. Music by Kenny Dickinson. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. THE BUNKER is a Podmasters Production
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.