Will the King In The North bend the knee?
Recorded before No.10 imposed a solution on Manchester. With Manchester refusing to accept Government terms to enter Tier 3, and Wales heading for a ‘circuit-breaker’, what does rebellion in the regions mean for the Government’s lockdown strategy? Have Senate Republicans left it too late to stop themselves going down with the Donald? And our panelists travel back in time to discuss their formative political experiences.
- “The Government doesn’t understand the needs of these communities and the people there” - Minnie Rahman
- “Westminster is an old boys club, and even a pandemic doesn’t seem to have changed that” - Minnie Rahman
- “People don’t trust Westminster to get COVID right” - Arthur Snell
- “Ever since Brexit, London has been out-of-kilter with the people in power” - Arthur Snell
- “Trump has destroyed the traditional Republican Party” - Arthur Snell
Produced and presented by Andrew Harrison with Nina Schick, Arthur Snell and Minnie Rahman. Assistant producers are Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Theme tune by Kenny Dickinson. Audio production by Alex Rees. THE BUNKER is a Podmasters Production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.