Daily: TAX EVASION ISLAND – How Britain became the tax dodgers’ favourite place
Tax havens aren’t all desert islands with palm trees. One of the worst offenders is rainy Britain. So are we wrong focus on offshore tax chicanery? And what can we do about it at home as well as away? Chair of the Tax Justice Network Alex Cobham tells Arthur Snell about how tax injustice goes beyond beaches and palm trees – and the implications for businesses in post-Brexit Britain.
• “When it comes to tax havenry, Britain is the biggest actor out there.”
• “We think we know what tax haven means… but it’s actually quite slippery.”
• “You can avoid tax on a sunny beach with a palm tree, but you can also do it in London and Amsterdam.”
• “The UK and its network is the biggest single actor in tax avoidance.”
• “Every single second, one nurse’s salary is lost to tax havens – mostly to multinational companies.”
Presented by Arthur Snell. Produced by Andrew Harrison. Assistant producers: Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Logo and branding by Mark Taylor. Music: Kenny Dickinson. Audio production by Alex Rees. The Bunker is a Podmasters production
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.