Life can get a stagnant so try one of these life experiments this week:
- Attempt to begin a conversation with a stranger
- Take only cold showers for a week
- Sit in a public place and stare straight ahead for ten minutes
- Make a rule that you’ll reach for your gym clothes as soon as the alarm goes off (no snooze button!)
- Go to work a different way or by a different form of transportation
- Completely rearrange the furniture in your living room or bedroom
- Vary a workout routine by choosing exercises based on dice rolls
- Join a free foreign language meetup (visit meetup.com and search for your choice of language)
- Offer a room of your house for rent on Airbnb.com
- Offer your couch to a traveler on couchsurfing.com
- In a recurring meeting, deliberately choose a different seat
- If you’re usually active in meetings, determine to speak less. If you’re usually silent, speak up!
- Post “Anything I can help you with?” on Facebook, Twitter, or wherever you gather with friends online. Respond to as many answers as you can.
- Laugh out loud in public at something that isn’t funny. See what happens.
- Bring dog treats to the park and give them to strangers (primarily the ones who have dogs)
- Stop carrying an umbrella when it rains. You might get wet, but chances are you won’t melt