Recovering from Fire
*Trigger warning - today we chat about losing your home to a fire, some listeners may find this triggering and choose to skip this episode or listen at another time*
Nomes is a longtime listener, passionate member of the Head, Heart & Home Course and all round wonderful person. In March 2018, Nomes tragically lost her home in a fire. Today almost 4 years on from that traumatic experience she tells us what her journey has been like thus far. She has incredible insight to share and lots of wisdom and advice to offer to others on how to navigate such a dark time. So come with us and hear how Nomes' decluttering journey and relationship with stuff was impacted by the fire and how the Head, Heart & Home Course changed her life!! There is so much gold in today's episode that we know you will be touched by Nomes story.
In this episode Nomes;
● Tells her story and reflects on the aftermath of the fire;
● Gives her thoughts around developing a strong connection to stuff due to suffering a tragic loss;
● Shares how she was eventually able to let stuff go again;
● Offers advice to others on having to declutter after a traumatic experience;
● Highlights that some positives came out of the losing everything;
And so so so so much more...
We hope from this conversation we all learn something and put a smile on your face!
Things mentioned in this episode and other helpful links:
● Moving House Episode
● Storage Units Episode
● Sentimental Papers Episode
● Sentimental Items Episode
● Offloading Episode
● Mental Health Episode
● Mental Health Care Episode
● Mental Load Episode
TV shows mentioned
Where to get help in an crisis
To Nomes - thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and our listeners. We love you and thank you for always being supportive and encouraging of us and those in our community.
For more details on how to connect with us head to our website.
For details on becoming a Patreon supporter take a look here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.