The Tech Inside Kyoto’s Geisha Houses: TM 128 (feat. Kate Lanxon)
This week on a very special episode of TECH'S MESSAGE Nate and his wife Kate Lanxon discuss their experiences of technology throughout their tour of Japan, through Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara. Topics include:
- The inside story of tech inside a traditional geisha house (okiya) in Kyoto’s Gion district
- How printing documents is difficult as all hell
- How using Google Translate’s real-time optical translation helped us in convenience stores, using machines and more
- The lack of self-service checkouts
- Apple Maps is unexpectedly brilliant in Japan. Who knew!?
- Pokemon Go is still very much a thing here, at least in the Akihabara district.
More from Tech's Message Podcast - UK Technology News With Nate Lanxon (Bloomberg, Wired, CNET)