75: Nadja Streiter - Modeling Healthy Tech Habits
In episode 75, Nadja Streiter joins us for a conversation around navigating our tech habits and the potential surge of tech use while practicing self-isolation during the COVID-19 epidemic. Nadja is a psychotherapist, speaker and coach that helps people with digital addictions, including video game addiction.
Throughout the conversation, Nadja shares the story of how she became a psychotherapist that works in the niche of tech addiction, along with some immediately practical strategies for parents and families to incorporate immediately – including giving ourselves some grace during these unprecedented times.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you first begin helping people with digital addictions? (6:04)
- What does addictive VS non-addictive tech use look like? (10:18)
- What are some of the challenges of helping people with technology use when it’s not an option to stop using it completely? (11:49)
- Can you talk a bit about the relationship between parental tech use and kids’ tech use? (17:03)
- What are some basic red flags that parents should watch out for? (20:15)
- How can people get in touch with you? (28:49)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Tips for balancing tech use during self-quarantine. (1:05)
- How technology addition is similar to substance abuse. (8:39)
- How to tech like you eat. (11:58)
- How parents can model healthy technology habits to their children. (17:17)
- How to navigate and balance tech use in a healthy way while self-quarantining. (23:55)
Connect with Nadja Streiter:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.