Tue. 11/23 – How To Automate Your(self out of a?) Job
Italy has fined Amazon and Apple for alleged collusion. Tile taps out by getting acquired. Niantic is an interesting metaverse raise. Walmart is testing Twitter live shopping. And the story of the guy who automated his job so completely, he didn’t work for five years, but still got paid.
- Amazon and Apple handed $225 million in Italian antitrust fines (Reuters)
- Samsung to Choose Taylor, Texas, for $17 Billion Chip-Making Factory (WSJ)
- AirTag Competitor Tile Getting Acquired by Location Sharing App Life360 (MacRumors)
- Niantic raises $300M at at $9B valuation to build the 'real-world metaverse' (TechCrunch)
- Walmart will be the first retailer to test Twitter’s new livestream shopping platform (TechCrunch)
- “You’ve Won The Game”: Employee Hacks His Job, Gets Paid To Do Nothing For 5 Years (BoredPanda)