Thu. 07/29 – Vaccine Mandates For Big Tech?
Tech companies dip their toes into vaccine mandate waters. Facebook in so many words says Apple’s privacy changes are about to impact earnings. Will Didi take itself private again to please the Chinese government? Is Peacock doing better than I at least thought? And a crypto startup is sliding into the biggest growth market I’ve seen in this space yet.
- Most Apple Stores to Require Masks Again for Shoppers, Staff (Bloomberg)
- Facebook beats earnings expectations, but warns of significant growth slowdown (CNBC)
- Didi Global Considers Going Private to Placate China and Compensate Investors (WSJ)
- Robinhood CEO on the meme stock craze: ‘I think it’s a real thing’ (CNBC)
- Peacock Reaches 54M Sign-Ups Thanks to Olympics, 20M Monthly Active Users (The Streamable)
- OpenAI proposes open-source Triton language as an alternative to Nvidia's CUDA (ZDNet)
- Bitcoin Seized by DOJ Headed to Crypto Custodian Anchorage in $6.6 Million Deal (Decrypt)