Mon. 10/18 – Apple’s MacBook Event
All the headlines from Apple’s event today. The Bitcoin future’s ETF is real, as of tomorrow. Apple’s privacy changes have indeed upended the mobile advertising space… in Apple’s favor. Steam doesn’t want to play the NFT game. And putting a value on Squid Game’s impact for Netflix.
- Apple unveils next-generation M1 Pro and M1 Max chips for new Macs (9to5Mac)
- Apple announces 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro: new design, display notch, 120Hz, M1 Pro chip, HDMI, MagSafe, more (9to5Mac)
- Bitcoin Comes to the Big Board (NYTimes)
- Apple’s privacy changes create windfall for its own advertising business (Financial Times)
- Valve bans blockchain games and NFTs on Steam, Epic will try to make it work (The Verge)
- Netflix Estimates ‘Squid Game’ Will Be Worth Almost $900 Million (Bloomberg)