Mon. 09/13 – Is China Dismantling Its Super Apps?
Is China dismantling its super apps and selling the parts for scrap? Toast has officially become my favorite Covid-times survival story. What to expect from tomorrow’s iPhone event, including 1 TB iPhone storage tiers. And a full breakdown of the ruling in the Epic vs. Apple case. Has the app store officially been cracked open? It’s complicated.
- Beijing to break up Ant’s Alipay and force creation of separate loans app (Financial Times)
- Tencent and Alibaba pledge to open up apps to competitors (Financial Times)
- Commercetools raises $140M at a $1.9B valuation as 'headless' commerce continues to boom (TechCrunch)
- iPhone 13 Pro will get 1TB option & new 'AirPods 3' will not replace AirPods (AppleInsider)
- Apple must allow other forms of in-app purchase, rules judge in Epic v. Apple (The Verge)
- Apple Risks Losing Billions of Dollars Annually From Epic Games Ruling (Bloomberg)
- The future of the App Store depends on the difference between a ‘button’ and an ‘external link’ (The Verge)
- Apple Won a Battle to Lose the War (500ish.com)