Fri. 10/22 – Is Apple’s ATT Bite As Bad As People Feared After All?
Snap’s earnings suggest Apple’s ATT bite is having an impact, and what might that mean for others like Facebook? Google lowers Play Store fees and piles pressure on Apple. Did law enforcement give REvil a taste of its own medicine? What the heck is Worldcoin, I still can’t figure it out. And, of course, the weekend longreads suggestions.
- Snap plummets 22% after missing on revenue expectations (CNBC)
- Google lowers Play Store fees for subscriptions and music streaming apps (The Verge)
- Amazon launches in-store pickup option for items from local businesses (CNBC)
- Governments turn tables on ransomware gang REvil by pushing it offline (Reuters)
- Silicon Valley entrepreneur Sam Altman wants to scan your eyes in exchange for free cryptocurrency (CNBC)
Weekend Longreads Suggestions
- The Metaverse Is Bad (The Atlantic)
- DeFi Is Like Nothing Regulators Have Seen Before. How Should They Tackle It? (CoinDesk)
- Inside Wheel of Time, Amazon’s Huge Gamble on the Next Game of Thrones (GQ)