Mon. 01/24 – Do We Even Have The Infrastructure To Make The Metaverse Happen?
States sue Google for data shenanigans. Europe passes a landmark ad targeting and data law. Apple’s 2022 lineup according to Mark Gurman. A look at the state of the crypto crash, and to what degree it is affecting NFTs. And all this talk of metaverses led to record VC investment in AR and VR startups, but what some folks are starting to ask is, even if we build it, do we have the infrastructure that will even allow the people to come?
- Google deceived consumers about how it profits from their location data, attorneys general allege in lawsuits (Washington Post)
- MEPs adopt Digital Services Act with significant last-minute changes (Euractiv)
- European Parliament approves initial proposal to ban some targeted ads (The Verge)
- Apple Nears First Product Launch of 2022, With 5G iPhone SE and New iPad on Tap (Bloomberg)
- Solana Slides 17% to Lead Losses Amid Crypto Market Plunge (CoinDesk)
- Despite the Drop in Crypto Prices, Weekly NFT Sales Reach $4.7 Billion, Increasing 81% (Bitcoin.com)
- VR/AR Investments Increase Just As Metaverse Talk Heats Up—But That May Not Be The Only Reason (Crunchbase News)
- The titans of the metaverse have a bandwidth issue (Financial Times)