Wed. 10/20 – Facebook To Change Its Name?
Dropping the “the” from The Facebook isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? Dropping Facebook as a name entirely. All the news from today’s Samsung event. Spotify and Shopify finally team up in the greatest crossover event of tech naming confusion. And a first look at that Comcast branded smart TV.
- Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name (The Verge)
- Galaxy Watch 4 gets its first major update w/ Fall Detection, new watchfaces, more (9to5Google)
- First Bitcoin Futures ETF Rises in Trading Debut (WSJ)
- Facebook Fined $69 Million by U.K. Authority for Breaching Order During Giphy Merger Investigation (Variety)
- Brave Removes Google as its Default Search Engine (Thurrott.com)
- Spotify Adds Virtual Merch Tables for Music Artists in Pact With Shopify (Variety)
- Comcast Launches XClass TV, Its First TV Sets in the U.S., Taking Streaming Platform Direct-to-Consumer (Variety)