Online Safety Bill: UK government clashes with Meta
The controversial Online Safety Bill is finally to become law after years of delay as the Home Secretary urges Meta not to ‘go dark’ on detecting child abuse with encryption.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak faces backlash over weakening key green policies.
Fortnite players - and parents of - could you be entitled to compensation?
Also in this episode:
- Google DeepMind AI speeds up search for disease genes
- India’s solar probe completes key final manoeuvre around Earth as it slingshots towards Sun
- Bats finally get some good PR as they could hold key to saving millions of lives
- What to expect from Microsoft’s ‘special’ Surface and AI event
- Survey finds Brits believe London will be the first car-free city in the world by 2050
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.