Two Visits to the Berlin Wall - Part Two
After living and working in England from 1987, my wife and I returned to Australia in 1995, overland. Michael Palin's 1991 BBC series, Pole to Pole, inspired our journey and route, travelling from north to south for eight months. And along the way, we revisited Berlin, as I recorded in my travel journal.
Read the piece on Tall And True: https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/nonfiction/travel/two-visits-to-the-berlin-wall
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert's short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Sound Effects
Sound effects licensed under Creative Commons 0 from FreeSound.org:
• Bicycle Bell: https://freesound.org/people/13gkopeckak/sounds/378912/
• Clock Ticking: https://freesound.org/people/gecop/sounds/522119/
• Train Station PA: https://freesound.org/people/polymorpheva/sounds/645697/
• City Ambience (Cologne): https://freesound.org/people/Pfannkuchn/sounds/384353/
• Construction Site: https://freesound.org/people/ivolipa/sounds/335963/
• Cathedral Bells (Cologne): https://freesound.org/people/polymorpheva/sounds/511546/
• Train Whistle: https://freesound.org/people/euroblues/sounds/20065/
• Gunfire: https://freesound.org/people/C-V/sounds/523404/
• Siren: https://freesound.org/people/lluiset7/sounds/367442/
• Ping Sound: https://freesound.org/people/edsward/sounds/341871/
• Bottles Chinking: https://freesound.org/people/jawbutch/sounds/344401/
Tall And True Short Reads is produced using Audacity.
Episodes are recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the traditional lands of the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.