Two Visits to the Berlin Wall - Part One
In 2019, approaching the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, I found a timely book in a secondhand bookshop: The Berlin Wall, 13 August 1961 – 9 November 1989 by Frederick Taylor. The book inspired me to write about my two contrasting visits to Berlin as a backpacker in 1987 and 1995.
Read the piece on Tall And True: https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/nonfiction/travel/two-visits-to-the-berlin-wall
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert's short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Sound Effects
Sound effects licensed under Creative Commons 0 from FreeSound.org:
• Shop Bell: https://freesound.org/people/775noise/sounds/494565/
• Gunfire: https://freesound.org/people/C-V/sounds/523404/
• Ping Sound: https://freesound.org/people/edsward/sounds/341871/
• Plane: https://freesound.org/people/bigpickle51/sounds/262753/
• Clock Ticking: https://freesound.org/people/Julien%20Matthey/sounds/457651/
• Van Horn: https://freesound.org/people/craigsmith/sounds/479995/
• City Ambience (Cologne): https://freesound.org/people/Pfannkuchn/sounds/384353/
• Siren: https://freesound.org/people/lluiset7/sounds/367442/
Tall And True Short Reads is produced using Audacity.
Episodes are recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the traditional lands of the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.