Three Minute Microfiction
By its definition, the key to good microfiction is brevity. There is no time for plot and character development; every word must count. The writer plunges the reader into the story and wrenches them back out, leaving it to the reader's imagination to reflect upon what they have read.
Read the microfiction from this podcast episode on the Tall And True website:
1. There's No Need To Wake Up - https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/microfiction/no-need-to-wake-up
2. And I didn't even get convicted - https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/microfiction/and-i-didn-t-even-get-convicted
3. We Need to Talk - https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/microfiction/and-i-didn-t-even-get-convicted
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert's short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Sound Effects
Royalty-free music from Pixabay.com: Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 15 in D major, Op. 28 'Pastorale' – IV. Rondo. Allegro ma non-Troppo, performed by Karine Gilanyan.
Sports fans cheering: https://freesound.org/people/FlatHill/sounds/324756/
Children playing: https://freesound.org/people/yacou/sounds/190894/
News jingle: https://freesound.org/people/Tuben/sounds/272044/
Heart monitor (beeping): https://freesound.org/people/iluminati_2705/sounds/536706/
Phone message notification: https://freesound.org/people/katjajansen1997/sounds/538006/
Tall And True Short Reads produced using Audacity. Thanks to Josh (VoiceOverMaster) Meyer for Audacity recording tips and tricks.
Podcast recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the land of the traditional custodians of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.