The New Fifty
Eighty is the new fifty, or so I'm told. But my back wasn't this dodgy when I was fifty, and my knees lasted longer than a circuit of the park with the dog before seizing up. And I wasn't caught short so often that I needed to memorise the location of the nearest public toilet for emergency pit stops!
The New Fifty is a short story from the Tall And True writers' website, written and narrated by Robert Fairhead.
Read the story on Tall And True: https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/fiction/short-stories/the-new-fifty
Robert's dog posts on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyDogPosts
Robert's dog posts on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mydogposts/
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert's short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Sound Effects
Royalty-free music from Pixabay.com: Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 15 in D major, Op. 28 'Pastorale' – IV. Rondo. Allegro ma non-Troppo, performed by Karine Gilanyan.
Sound effects licensed under Creative Commons 0 from FreeSound.org:
• Dog wagging/thumping tail: https://freesound.org/people/tallandtrue/sounds/657779/
• Dog panting: https://freesound.org/people/AGFX/sounds/221497/
• Whistle: https://freesound.org/people/strongbot/sounds/568995/
• Kids laughing: https://freesound.org/people/kikorurelas/sounds/642516/
• Kettle boiling: https://freesound.org/people/cupido-1/sounds/433538/
Tall And True Short Reads is produced using Audacity.
Episodes are recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the traditional lands of the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.