My Most Memorable Wimbledon
I was weaned on Wimbledon in Australia. Year after year, I'd stayed up half the night to watch the finals on TV. And here I was in the northern hemisphere, able to witness the match in broad daylight for the first time, with an Aussie in the final, for goodness sake, and Mrs B wasn't interested in tennis!
Read the post on Tall And True: https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/blog/wimbledon-lost-translation
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert's short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Sound Effects
Sound effects licensed under Creative Commons 0 from FreeSound.org:
• Door Knock: https://freesound.org/people/anagar/sounds/267931/
• Tennis Sounds: https://freesound.org/people/jamesdrake89/sounds/662256/
• Crowd Cheering: https://freesound.org/people/craigsmith/sounds/486205/
• Door Closed: https://freesound.org/people/TiesWijnen/sounds/455540/
• Badminton: https://freesound.org/people/14FPanskaBubik_Lukas/sounds/418533/
Tall And True Short Reads is produced using Audacity.
Podcast episodes are recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the traditional lands of the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.