Kurd Friends in the Mountains
My wife and I visited Turkey in 1988. We had endured our first English winter and spent two weeks hugging the coastal sites and sunny beaches. We returned in 1990, venturing far from the coast to the mountains of eastern Turkey, where Kurds befriended us, and we learned a little of Kurdish culture.
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert's short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Sound Effects
• Turkish Bus: https://freesound.org/people/supersnd/sounds/610536/
• Clock Ticking: https://freesound.org/people/blukotek/sounds/412751/
• Engine Stopping: https://freesound.org/people/chlund/sounds/500193/
Tall And True Short Reads is produced using Audacity.
Episodes are recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the traditional lands of the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.