Both Sides of the Story - Bosnia
(Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1993): The roar of explosives devastated the peace of the valley. Tibor had covered his ears with his hands before Milo flicked the detonator switch, but the thudding explosion set off the bells in his head again. He dropped his hands as dust and grit rained down on him and his men. When the dust cleared, it revealed the shattered shell of the century-old farmhouse.
Both Sides of the Story is a collection of short stories from the Tall And True writers’ website, written and narrated by Robert Fairhead. The collection consists of four self-contained vignettes and a fifth piece that ties together and resolves the five stories. The podcast version is presented in six instalments with an introductory episode.
Copyright notice: Both Sides of the Story song written by Phil Collins from the Both Sides album (1993).
Read Both Sides of the Story - Bosnia: https://www.tallandtrue.com.au/short-stories/both-sides-of-the-story-bosnia
Podcast website: https://www.tallandtrueshortreads.com
Support the podcast: https://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads
Buy Robert’s short story collections online:
• Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Fairhead/e/B086HZ36NM
• Rakuten Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/au/en/author/robert-fairhead
Podcast Theme and Podcast Sound Effects
Royalty-free music from Pixabay.com: Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 15 in D major, Op. 28 ‘Pastorale’ – IV. Rondo. Allegro ma non-Troppo, performed by Karine Gilanyan.
Sound effects licensed under Creative Commons 0 from FreeSound.org:
• Explosion: https://freesound.org/people/tommccann/sounds/235968/
• Falling stones and grit: https://freesound.org/people/tomi_slav/sounds/465811/
• Footsteps on hillside/track: https://freesound.org/people/SpliceSound/sounds/218304/
• Distant Church bells: https://freesound.org/people/ivolipa/sounds/266525/
• Muffled explosion: https://freesound.org/people/NenadSimic/sounds/149966/
• Rummaging: https://freesound.org/people/adcbicycle/sounds/14129/
• Bouncing football: https://freesound.org/people/13GPanska_Lakota_Jan/sounds/378355/
• Men playing football: https://freesound.org/people/fi2lcallpeace/sounds/542615/
• Football crowd: https://freesound.org/people/habbis92/sounds/206003/
• Men arguing: https://freesound.org/people/craigsmith/sounds/486193/
• Kids playing in street: https://freesound.org/people/MariaDelCastillo/sounds/442545/
• Football kicks: https://freesound.org/people/padpad/sounds/515908/
• Girls laughing: https://freesound.org/people/LoreLya/sounds/377137/
• Gunfire: https://freesound.org/people/C-V/sounds/523404/
• Puncture: https://freesound.org/people/SamuelGremaud/sounds/457442/
Tall And True Short Reads is produced using Audacity. Thanks to Josh (VoiceOverMaster) Meyer for Audacity recording tips and tricks.
Podcast recorded in Sydney, Australia, on the land of the traditional custodians of the Eora Nation.
Acast Podcast Supporter Page
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tall-and-true-short-reads.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.