The epigenetic clock
In this episode, supported by Zymo Research, we discuss the epigenetic clock: what is it? How are researchers using it and what are some of the key tools available to study it?
Elucidating the link between epigenetics and aging is Keith Booher, Director of Services at Zymo research including aging and epigenetics research services. Keith reveals how our behaviors and environment, such as diet, exercise and air quality, can impact our epigenetics and the impact that the epigenetic clock has played in the development of new therapeutics.
Find out how you can reverse your biological age, the implications of aging populations the latest developments in epigenetic research and more in this episode of Talking Techniques.
- Introduction: 00:00-02:15
- The issue with population aging: 02:15-03:30
- Introducing epigenetics: 03:30-04:20
- The link between epigenetics and aging: 04:20-05:50
- The impact of exercise on epigenetics: 05:50-06:40
- The epigenetic clock: 06:40-08:00
- What can the epigenetic clock tell you about someone’s health: 08:00-10:05
- Can you reverse the epigenetic clock? 10:05-12:00
- The latest experiments in epigenetics and aging research: 12:00-14:10
- Finetuning exercise using the epigenetic clock: 14:10-15:30
- Challenges in epigenetics and aging research: 15:30-17:00
- Key technologies in epigenetics and aging research: 17:00-18:05
- Where are the main developments coming from? 18:05-19:30
- Aging and lobsters: 19:30-20:45
- How will the field develop in the next 5 years? 20:45-22:00
- What would you ask for to improve your understanding of the epigenetic clock? 22:00-23:00
- The most exciting aspects of aging intervention: 23:00-24:00
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.