Cell proliferation in drug screening
In this episode, supported by BioRad, we explore cell proliferation monitoring and its role in drug discovery, guided by the expert advice of Rachel Preston, Product Development researcher at Bio-Rad.
We discuss techniques available to monitor cell proliferation, their advantages and disadvantages and the importance of selecting the right combination of techniques for different experimental targets. Rachel also provides some tips for best practice and some pitfalls to avoid regarding DNA damage and highlights the importance of good quality antibodies in cell proliferation assays.
Don’t miss out on the most exciting applications of cell proliferation today, and find out what still needs to be improved for cell proliferation assays to continue driving drug discovery forward; all in the first episode of Season 3 of Talking Techniques!
- Intro: 00:00-00:34
- Why measure cell proliferation in drug discovery? 00:34-2:20
- Techniques involved in the detection of cell proliferation: 02:20-04:20
- The advantages and disadvantages of different techniques: 04:20-06:50
- Selecting the most appropriate technique: 06:50-09:30
- How do you account for DNA damage in these assays? 09:30-11:00
- The best combination of techniques for drug screening studies: 11:00-12:00
- The biggest developments in technologies for cell proliferation monitoring: 12:00-14:15
- Exciting findings of cell proliferation studies in cancer research: 14:15-15:35
- What element of cell proliferation detection and monitoring would you choose to improve? 15:35-17:40
- Closing remarks: 17:40-19:10
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.