Supporting Employees at Home, So They Can Grow at Work
Chief People Officer of theSkimm, Lisa Dallenbach, reverses the old-time narrative of the high-pressure newsroom. In this episode, Dallenbach shares how theSkimm supports its employees by addressing obstacles, both personal and professional. By offering programs such as the respected “Sacred Hour” and providing tutoring services for employees’ children, theSkimm works to cultivate and champion a healthy work environment.
Prior to joining theSkimm, Dallenbach worked as Chief People Officer of Silverline, was CHRO of Mindshare, and led Human Resources at Digitas.
Some Questions Asked:
- In a predominantly female organization, what is theSkimm doing to address burnout and support wellness? (14:44)
- Over the past few years, the role of CHRO has gained strategic importance. What changes have you experienced? (21:33)
- What’s the one thing every HR executive should focus on over the next year? (25:01)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The benefits of theSkimm closing its hybrid office on Mondays and Fridays, keeping those days as virtual-only.
- About the changing position of HR, evolving toward a holistic, employee-forward approach.
- How to retain your top talent by focusing on transparency.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.