Serving the People: How Demand for Convenience Means Demand for Top Talent
Wholesale retailers, such as BJ’s, proved crucial during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only did the pandemic attract customers, but it also necessitated the hiring of new employees and the need to retain current ones. Mark Griffin, Chief Human Resources Officer of BJ’s Wholesale Club, discusses the ways in which the company retains and grows its employee base and maintains customer loyalty. Griffin also discusses how the company prioritizes the safety, health, and well-being of its workers and customers.
Some Questions Asked:
- How was BJ’s able to support employees and serve the public at the beginning of the pandemic? (4:31)
- BJ’s recently acquired the assets and operations of four distribution centers. From an HR standpoint, how do you prepare for merging operations? (10:20)
- Why is BJ's relocating its headquarters? (13:22)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How BJ’s retains its employees through cultivating an environment of belonging.
- About actively listening and initiating change around employees’ needs.
- How BJ’s plans to transition their employees from remote to a hybrid work environment with new, progressive offices.
- Mark Griffin - BJ’s company profile
- Mark Griffin - LinkedIn
- BJ’s Wholesale Club - LinkedIn
- Michelle Labbe - LinkedIn
- The Talent Economy podcast
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.