Adobe: Redefining Accountability
Adobe, the software company responsible for PDFs and Photoshop, is regularly listed among the best places to work and is considered a top employer when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion. One of the people responsible for fostering this culture is Brian Miller, Adobe’s Chief Talent, Diversity & Inclusion Officer. Miller joined Adobe after serving as Chief People Officer of Impossible Foods and spending almost a decade in progressive talent development roles at Gilead Sciences Inc. He holds a master’s degree in education from Harvard University.
Some Questions Asked:
- How did a job teaching middle school math lead to a career in HR? (2:30)
- How does Adobe adhere to the philosophy that good ideas can come from anywhere? (10:33)
- How did Adobe keep its people team motivated even as it hired 6,000 people in about six months? (14:14)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Adobe is partnering with HBCUs (historically Black colleges and universities) and HSIs (Hispanic-serving institutions) to attract talent.
- How Adobe uses a technology-based manager check-in to boost retention.
- The challenges and opportunities to be found in having four generations in the workforce simultaneously.
- Brian Miller - LinkedIn
- Adobe - Linkedin
- Michelle Labbe - LinkedIn
- Toptal - LinkedIn
- The Talent Economy podcast