SIM Ep 255: Edinburgh Special 2019
With the Edinburgh Fringe fast approaching, we’re doing things a bit differently this week, bringing you a selection of our top picks for the festival, and – obviously – they’re all women. We caught up with Cally Beaton about the invisibility (or not) of women over 50; Jess Fostekew talks to us about societal perceptions of strength and femininity and raising a sexist baby; Desiree Burch talks to Mick about self-discovery and All Of The Stairs at Machu Picchu; Laura Lexx tells Jen why we need to be more discerning about where our anger goes, and Mick chats to Tiff Stevenson about finding the funny as well as the fierce in reproductive rights. PHEW!
- Cally Beaton: Invisible, Assembly George Square Studios, July 31 to Aug 26 (not Aug 13), 5.10pm
- Jessica Fostekew: Hench, Monkey Barrel, 1-25 Aug (not Aug 12), 1.30pm.
- Tiff Stevenson: Mother, Monkey Barrel, July 31 to Aug 25, 9.15pm
- Laura Lexx: Knee Jerk, Gilded Balloon, 31 Jul - 25 Aug (not Aug 14), 5.15pm
- Desiree Burch: Desiree's Coming Early!, The Big Cave, Heroes @ The Hive, Aug 1 to 25, 7.40pm