Cathy Baldysz Polishes her Game to a Champion Finish
American/Polish champion Cathy Baldysz joins us to discuss the Polish bridge community, her thoughts on playing with the Objectivity Team, and her enjoyment of Polish bridge lingo. Plus, she shares her top tip for developing players. But first, we kibitz!
Cathy mentions this book by Danny Roth:
How to play ‘Carrot in the Box’
Wingspan board game
Some of Cathy's favorite Polish bridge expressions and slang:
- Czapa = hat (when a contract is cold)
- Noga = leg (said after someone goes down one in a contract)
- Rolować = roll something over (when you go down in a contract you should have made)
- Trzy buły = 3 bread rolls (3NT)
- Klient = client (derogatory reference to someone you think plays badly)
- Jeleń = deer (derogatory reference to someone you think plays badly)
- Cymbał = cymbal (like in a band) (derogatory reference to someone you think plays badly)
Find Cathy on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cathy-baldysz-b6a61588/?originalSubdomain=pl
Find Cathy on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cathy.baldysz
Find Cathy on Bridge Winners: https://bridgewinners.com/profile/cathy-baldysz/
Send your bridge stories and comments to email@example.com.
Or @sorrypartnerpodcast on Instagram.
Please consider supporting the show at Patreon: SORRY, PARTNER/PATREON
Join our mailing list.
These links are also available on our website: https://sorrypartner.com/
And if you have a bridge-playing friend who is not yet listening to podcasts in the car, on walks, or while doing the dishes, why not show them how easy it is -- and start with SORRY, PARTNER on Apple podcasts, or wherever you like to listen!Get bonus content on Patreon
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/sorry-partner.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.