How to Create Customers with a Branded YouTube Channel
Andrew Stebbins (Influencer Marketing and YouTube Strategist) and Rob Yoegel (Senior Director of Marketing) from Linode joined this episode of the Social Pros Podcast to delve into their success on YouTube, influencers, and more.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
Linode’s Andrew Stebbins (Influencer Marketing and YouTube Strategist) and Rob Yoegel (Senior Director of Marketing) are on the Social Pros Podcast to talk all about their YouTube and influencer strategies.
Linode is a cloud hosting company that’s been in the space for 18 years now. And yet, it’s only been in the past few years that they’ve really ramped up their focus on marketing. From relying entirely on word-of-mouth recommendations to now mastering YouTube, Linode has been on a big learning journey.
In this episode, Rob and Andrew share more about how and why they got started on YouTube and why it’s been a key part of their education and customer acquisition strategies. Andrew gives a detailed look into his work with influencers and brand advocates and where they fit into Linode’s marketing push.
Rob also shares some stats behind their success and how leveraging influencers on YouTube has led to 15-20% customer growth each month!
In This Episode:
- 4:05 – What Linode does as an “alternative cloud provider”
- 5:47 – How Linode’s marketing stance has changed over the past 18 years
- 7:46 – Rob explains why content marketing has become key for Linode
- 9:45 – Why YouTube became a huge focus for Linode
- 11:38 – Linode’s advice to other social pros about using YouTube
- 14:08 – How Linode’s YouTube channel started and where it is today
- 20:26 – How Linode works with brand advocates and influencers
- 23:01 – The benefits of using existing customers as influencers
- 25:56 – Rob explains how Linode uses paid advertising on YouTube
- 29:47 – Linode’s approach to repurposing content
- 32:20 – How optimizing metadata on YouTube is key to success
- 34:29 – Why using video chapters is such an underutilized yet useful feature
- 36:04 – What the analytics say about engagement on YouTube
- 39:22 – The next steps for Linode
- 40:50 – The key YouTube performance indicators Linode’s marketing team prioritizes
- 42:58 – Andrew gives his top tip for someone wanting to become a social pro
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- How to Host Multiple Discord Bots on A Single Server from Linode’s YouTube channel
- Deploy A Static Website Using The Linode CLI | Object Storage Tutorial from Linode’s YouTube channel
- Here's how to roll your own VPN | WireGuard Tutorial from Linode’s YouTube channel
- Clickbait is Unreasonably Effective from the Veritasium YouTube channel
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.