How Social Pros Can Build Their Own Personal Brands
Mary Nice, Senior Strategist at Convince & Convert, takes the mic in this episode to share some tried and tested strategies for building a personal brand.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
If you’re a social pro, then the idea of building a personal brand isn’t so far-fetched. It’s already part of your day job, albeit on a larger scale. However, our guest on this Social Pros episode, Mary Nice, the Senior Strategist at Convince & Convert, points out that there are a few differences between working for a bigger brand and venturing out on your own.
She walks us through her personal journey in creating a personal brand and her motivation behind taking that bold step. Mary also stresses the importance of passion when building a brand and gives some pointers on how to handle negative comments on social media.
She follows that up with a must-listen discussion on the key practices social pros need to bring forward to create their personal brands, which is packed with useful and practical tips!
In This Episode:
- 05:21 Mary talks through her decision to build a personal brand
- 08:56 What motivates people to pursue their own personal brands
- 10:47 How passion motivates consistency
- 12:07 The ins and outs of building a social brand
- 14:30 How Mary built an audience on TikTok
- 15:44 Why controversial content works so well
- 17:34 How Mary and Jay handle negative feedback
- 22:02 How to pick the right kind of format for your content
- 26:35 Core practices all social pros should bring forward
- 30:40 Why you should take a simple approach to creating content
- 34:30 Can anybody build a personal brand?
- 37:26 Mary’s advice to anyone who wants to become a social pro
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Check out Convince & Convert’s Social Media Audit Bundle Read
- Follow Mary on TikTok
- Reach out to Mary on Instagram
- See what Jay’s up to on TikTok
- Follow Jay on Instagram
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.