Why Writing Is Still the Key to Social Media Success
Amy Woods, CEO and Founder of Content 10x, is back on the Social Pros podcast to share her content repurposing expertise, and the importance of consistency, copy, and having a platform-focused approach.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
Amy Woods, CEO and Founder of Content 10x, joins the Social Pros podcast for a second time to chat about why writing is still king when it comes to content creation. Whether you’re creating podcasts, videos, audiograms, or graphics – it all starts with the writing.
Amy shares some of her content repurposing expertise and a little look behind the curtain at how Content 10x creates awesome repurposed content for this very podcast as well as many others.
On the social side, Amy explains why a platform-specific social strategy is always best and why it’s so important to know each platform inside out to get the very best out of it.
Amy rounds off the episode with some tips for new podcasters and explains why it’s crucial to have a seat at the table when putting a content strategy together.
In This Episode:
- 4:43 – The current state of the content repurposing industry
- 7:10 – How to create the right content for the right platform and audience
- 11:01 – Consistency with publishing schedule vs. consistency with topic
- 12:49 – How to successfully approach topical content
- 14:36 – Amy discusses whether you need a consistent ‘face’ for your brand
- 17:04 – How Amy prioritizes the Content 10x teams
- 19:50 – The implications of the rising number of podcasts
- 22:18 – Is it better to be niche?
- 26:44 – Where social media practitioners should invest their time
- 32:46 – The consequences of not having a content strategy
- 35:08 – How to become a social pro
- 37:27 – Amy’s choice for a video call with any living person
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.