What the State of Marketing Report Reveals about Social Media in 2021
Adam Brown, Executive Strategist at Salesforce and Social Pros host, joins this episode as a special guest to talk all about Salesforce’s latest State of Marketing Report.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
Adam Brown, Executive Strategist at Salesforce and our very own Social Pros podcast host, joins this episode from the other side of the table.
He’s on the show to share all the wisdom and insights that Salesforce’s latest report has to offer, including the highlights and surprising trends.
The State of Marketing Report is something Salesforce publishes every year, and each time it comes out, the marketing world learns so much from it.
In this episode, Adam discusses how the role of CMOs has changed, why businesses are focusing more on user-generated content, and how marketing is now all about data science as well as creativity.
In This Episode:
- 1:50 – Adam explains how Salesforce put together the State of Marketing report
- 3:34 – What the report tells us about customer experience
- 5:25 – How marketers’ top three priorities are also their top three challenges
- 6:58 – What the report reveals about the way CMOs track their progress
- 8:29 – Why 88% of marketers have changed their marketing strategy
- 11:34 – Why marketers are increasingly using social media and email to boost reach
- 14:56 – The ways marketing departments want to level up their strategy
- 16:49 – Why training in influencer marketing and user-generated content is so vital
- 19:25 – How improved marketing tech empowers social pros to do less of the tactical stuff and more of the strategy
- 20:45 – Why 77% of marketers believe that their work provides more value now than a year ago
- 24:36 – How Salesforce has expanded its report with sub-reports and a Tableau dashboard
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.