How Chili’s & Mattress Firm Made the Perfect Social Pairing
Luz Bickert, Senior Social Media Manager at Chili’s, and Melissa Rivers, Director of Social at Mattress Firm, joined the Social Pros podcast to shed some light on how social media teams can collaborate productively.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
Successful social media campaigns all have a number of things in common – effective social listening and being receptive to collaborators are some of the key ones.
But what if those collaborators are from a different company entirely?
Luz Bickert, Senior Social Media Manager at Chili’s, and Melissa Rivers, Director of Social at Mattress Firm, discuss how they successfully navigated a collaborative social media campaign for April Fools’ Day.
Is it best to thoroughly plan these joint exploits or make decisions off-the-cuff? How do you make decisions without a conflict of interest? Do you plan to go viral or just put all you can into connecting with your audience?
Find out the answers to these questions and more in this episode of Social Pros.
In This Episode:
- 4:21 – Luz introduces herself
- 5:02 – Melissa introduces herself
- 6:46 – The audience reaction to their social media collab
- 9:50 – The early stages of the Chili’s-Mattress Firm collab
- 13:39 – How the fan reaction felt
- 16:41 – How they responded to fans after the collab
- 19:36 – How other companies responded on social media
- 21:45 – Engagement goals and metrics
- 25:05 – The do’s and don’ts of social media collaboration
- 29:13 – The benefits of human social listening
- 33:46 – Luz and Melissa’s advice on how to become a social pro
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Schedule a consultation with ICUC
- Grab your free Social Media Audit Bundle
- Check out the ‘Margarita Mattress’
- Connect with Luz on LinkedIn
- Connect with Melissa on LinkedIn
- Follow Luz on Twitter
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.