Global Travel Content Creator Shares His Secrets
Mike Shubic, video producer, travel writer, and publisher of Mike’s Road Trip, joins the Social Pros podcast to discuss some of the tactics that have helped him get ahead in the travel content creation game.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
How do you carve a niche for yourself in an industry saturated with travel bloggers, influencers, and enthusiasts?
While there’s no A+B=C type formula for success, Mike Shubic, video producer, travel writer, and publisher of Mike’s Road Trip, joins this episode of Social Pros to share some tips and pointers.
It takes a lot more than high-quality photos and a knack for words to make it in the travel content creation space. Mike highlights this as he shares what he calls the Holy Grail of content creation. He also explains why he thinks it's best to stick to one or two platforms when creating content.
Mike delves into the unglamorous realities of being a travel content creator and explains what it takes to create a distinct and robust brand in that space.
In This Episode:
- 3:36 - Mike gives a little background on who he is and what he does
- 5:21 - The benefit of travel conferences
- 9:25 - Mike explains the realities of being a travel content creator
- 10:56 - The Holy Grail of content creation
- 11:53 - The benefits of focusing on one social media channel
- 12:50 - How Mike presents his footage on different platforms
- 14:17 - Video quality vs social media algorithms
- 15:27 - Different platforms to help get your content out there
- 17:52 - The core essence of being a travel content creator
- 18:41 - What Mike’s creative process looks like
- 22:25 - How much lead time Mike needs before a job
- 23:59 - Recent trends Mike has noticed in the travel and tourism industry
- 26:27 - How social media affects the way destinations present themselves
- 28:07 - How the tourism industry has grown rapidly
- 30:56 - How to create a distinct and robust travel brand
- 32:24 - Mike’s tip for anyone looking to become a social pro?
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Check out Mike’s Road Trip
- Follow Mike on Twitter
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.