We've Got It On Tape (w/ Jonathan Martin & Alex Burns)
Recent tapes of Senator Lindsay Graham talking to New York Times reporter Jonathan Martin on the afternoon of Jan. 6th, 2021 have now been released. It reaffirms what many Republicans were thinking that day about the riot that Donald Trump had just unleashed upon the US Capitol. And expressed hope that the new Democratic President, Joe Biden, could lower the temperature and bring the country together. But as Martin and his Times colleague Alex Burns document in their new book, This Too Shall Pass, that sentiment amongst most GOP lawmakers, Graham prominent among them, didn't last long. And Graham's prognosis that the trauma of Jan. 6th would lead to great national unity couldn't have been more wrong. The United States according to Martin and Burns is facing a political emergency with two parties, who authors write, are not merely advisories but enemies in a domestic cold war that had started to run hot. How hot can it get? And is there any way at this point to cool things down? Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns join to discuss.
- Jonathan Martin (@alexburnsNYT), New York Times Reporter and author
- Alex Burns (@jmartNYT), New York Times Reporter and author
- Michael Isikoff (@Isikoff), Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News
- Daniel Klaidman (@dklaidman), Editor in Chief, Yahoo News
- Victoria Bassetti (@VBass), fellow, Brennan Center for Justice (contributing co-host)
- You can pick up Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns' new book This Too Shall Pass - Here.
- The Lindsay Graham Jan. 6th tapes - Here.
Follow us on Twitter: @SkullduggeryPod
Email us with feedback, questions or tips: SkullduggeryPod@yahoo.com.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.